Nina & John
- Grand Riviera Princess Resort
- Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Gorgeous beach: $0
- In-room minibar: $0
- Swim up bar: $0
- Sunscreen and sunglasses: $50
- Flight to Mexico: $400+
- All Inclusive: $900+
- Building lasting memories at Nina and John's wedding?
You have been a huge part of our long journey, so it would be our pleasure if you would join us in celebrating our marriage in the Riviera Maya, Mexico!
Thursday, the sixth day of April, two thousand and seventeen
Two o'clock in the afternoon
Please check back for ongoing updates!
When I joined the Jaycees in 2002, I really wasn’t looking to be one of the people who found their significant other in the organization. Fast forward to May 2008, when Mr. John Badeen, Esquire, made his presence known to everyone in the Jaycees. I didn’t see him again until February 2009 at another Jaycee conference. Long story short, I thought I had lost my phone so he kindly helped by asking for my number in order to call the phone. It seemed reasonable at the time. To make an even longer story short, he basically stalked me after that and the rest is history. We spent 6 1/2 long years traveling back and forth a cross the state having a ‘weekend’ relationship. I had been trying for almost four years to find a job on the east side of the state as I didn’t want to move without a job or a ring on my finger. Knowing that I was having some difficulty with turning 40, John proposed the morning of my birthday so I would have a fond memory of the day. It seems like after that things moved fast. I was able to get a part time job in Ann Arbor and ended up very quickly moving to Plymouth where we started planning our wedding in Mexico!
I joined the Jaycees to network. At my first state conference, I attended the golf outing (read: drove cart). While in the middle of the round my foursome was approached by a couple of women selling raffle tickets and mulligans. I must have made an impression, because one the girls approached me that night while I socialized with my chapter. She started dragging me off into the woods, and I thought “game on.” However, she proved me wrong as she ditched me and ran off. I made my way back to my chapter and that was that. I met her again at a later state conference, where she happily gave me her phone number. After striking up a long text conversation, she came to the Detroit side of the state , “game” was indeed on, and the rest is history.
GRAND RIVIERA PRINCESS RESORT
Prolongación 5ta Avenida, Mz. 20, Lt. 6, Centro, 77710
Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Those who are able to join us will be able to select from a variety of room types with a 3-8 night base package starting April 1, 2017. Please see the registration site to reserve the right room and number of nights that fit your needs. Your room is not guaranteed or secured until you pay a $250 non-refundable deposit DUE AUGUST 1ST, 2016.
All Inclusive Details
- 12 swimming pools, (8 main ones for Adults and 4 for Children) Some with internal Jacuzzis
- 2 International Main Buffets
- 12 a la carte restaurants (1 Italian, 1 Grill, 1 Seafood, 1 Mexican, 1 Asian, 1 Gourmet International & 1 Swiss) (1 Spanish - only adults over 18 years, located at Grand Yucatan Princess)
- 17 Bars (Including Swim-up bars)
- 24 hours Sport Bar
- National and Selection of some International Drinks
- Fully equipped Fitness Center
- Daytime organized activities and Nightly Entertainment at the Princess Theater
- Disco Lounge Areito (entrance and national & international drinks included)
- Non-motorized water sports (free use)
- Game Room
- Archery (18 +)
- Daytime Mini-Club (ages 4-12 years with swimming pool, outdoor patio with games, House club)
- Night Entertainment for Children, Mini Disco, Mini Theater, Room with Videogames (ages 4-12 years)
- 6 Tennis Courts
- 2 Paddle Courts
- 1 Multi use court (basketball, soccer, etc.)
- Introductory Scuba lesson in pool (1 lesson per person per stay)
- Internal transportation
- Iron and Board (on request, subject to availability at the Jr. Suite, Deluxe Jr. Suite and Deluxe Jr. Suite Pool Access categories
- SPA Services
- Medical Center (doctor on call 24 hours)
- Room Service (Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe & Junior Suite Deluxe Pool Access)
- Golf Packages at external Golf Courses (subject to availability)
- Baby Sitting
- Seafood Gourmet International Restaurants (Junior Suite Category Only)
- Chill Out Beach Club and Restaurant
- National and International Calls
- Internet available in the rooms and some areas
- Aquatic Sports Centre (motorized water sports)
As you explore the internet for info about the resort, you may come across deals that are better than what we are offering. We ask that you do not book on your own, but reserve through our travel agent, Meg LaRou. She has worked hard to get a group rate to fit our needs as we plan a wonderful celebration. Also, people who do not book within our block may be restricted from participating in certain wedding and reception activities.
- Junior Suite
- Junior Deluxe Suite
- Swim Out Junior Deluxe Suite (we are planning on staying in one of these)
- Platinum Suite (note- these are more secluded from the group and have "platinum suite" only acces to various parts of the resort that others will not be able to access).
- Family Club Deluxe Junior Suite
- Swim Out Family Club Deluxe Junior Suite
Flights can be arranged on your own or Meg can help you with these arrangements if you prefer. When your register, there is a box to check if you are interested in getting flights through Meg as well. Travel to and from the airport is included.
To reserve your room and RSVP, book through the following link:
Your room is not guaranteed or secured until you pay a $250 non-refundable deposit DUE AUGUST 1ST, 2016.
We want to extend our warmest thanks for joining us as we celebrate the union of the East Side and the West “Best” Side. A little history as to why we decided to do a destination rather than a traditional wedding. You all have been with us on our LONG, arduous journey so we thought we would invite you to the honeymoon! Just kidding. Since we love and cherish all of you who have been there through the journey, we would prefer to have the time to spend with you rather than a rushed few minutes at a wedding. With a destination, we can enjoy some quality time with everyone and make some lasting memories while enjoying the warm sun and a swim up bar.
If Mexico is not on your agenda, we will be doing an Open House Reception shortly after our return in Plymouth, MI. Stay tuned for more info.